Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Snow has arrived in Northern Idaho!



I took a peek at the cabin in the snow, to see how the roof looked/worked with snow on it. Alas, with a 12:12 pitch, I am happy to report that the roof sheds snow efficiently. With even a little melting or wind or vibrations, snow just slides off in clumps. I probably won't have to worry too much about snow load with a slippery metal roof with a pitch like this.





I was working inside the cabin today and, every once in awhile, you could clearly hear a large clump of snow slowly slide off. It was a neat effect, and I look forward to the day when I can warm up the woodstove on a cold day, sit back, and listen to the snow gently slide off the roof...

3 Comments:

At 1:56 PM, Blogger Tarr said...

Hooray for slippery roofs.

I thoroughly enjoyed reading your blog. I am also building a timber framed cabin...

 
At 6:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I found your blog through the massiehouse blog I've been reading for a while.

I grew up in Moscow and left 10 years ago. This blog is really making me miss it. Someday I'll be back...

 
At 11:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I live in Korea.
I love your blog.
I am planning building timber frame cabin.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home