Monday, June 15, 2009

The Jeep trail to my cabin is passable now and I've moved several loads of supplies up to the cabin. Namely, I moved the rest of the Douglas Fir goat flooring, my timber-framed/keyed staircase, and a large pile of lumber to finish the external nonstructural frame.

In reality, I probably only have 2-3 more trips via the Jeep, and this thing will be finished.

Here is a picture of me installing the Douglas Fir flooring above the subfloor. I'm "blind-screwing" it just above the tongues. The flooring is crude and rustic, but it looks pretty good. Its not as tight as store-bought finish flooring would be, but I like the effect.

Unline the loft flooring, I think I will have to sand and fill in a few large gaps in the main-floor flooring.



You can see the custom-made stairs in the background. They look great and they work great! They look like they really belong in this timber frame cabin.

Which, of course, they always did.

4 Comments:

At 11:11 AM, Anonymous Mr Oak said...

Nice blog on timber framing - keep up the good work

 
At 1:05 PM, Blogger Rusto said...

This is a great blog
The Door, Stairs, Floor, Joinery everything is just stunning. The last couple of horses are beautiful as well. This has inspired me to build a hand-full of those myself. Could you let your fans out here know what dimensions you used for the saw horses? Legs, braces, feet etc.
Thank you in advance
Rusty

 
At 11:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude - it's almost been a year. What's going on???? Would love an update. Thanks

 
At 1:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have visit us your site good timber work, finishing,finish the external nonstructural frame.Thanks the same.

For more information visit us at -
http://www.timber-windows.org/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home