Friday, April 10, 2009

The dog and I took a spring hike up to the cabin to check it out. Its April now, and I had not been up there since early November! There were patches of bare ground, but still plenty of snow.

It will be until May or June until I can get heavy materials up there again.





There were only minor blow-downs this year. Among them, a particularly nice Douglas fir tree right across the path. I will use logs from this tree for my Adirondack-style woodshed.



After being absent for four months, I was happy to see the cabin again.



The Tyvek is definitely starting to weather and give out. Good thing I plan on finishing the siding work this summer.



Everything is exactly how I left it. No signs of animals, etc.





I look forward to finishing up the cabin this summer. It'll be great.

1 Comments:

At 1:13 PM, Blogger Thomas Massie said...

Looks great. I bet you are chomping at the bit for the weather to break. My Tyvek is finally starting to give out after two years. It's ripping off in pieces here and there and looks horrible. I think the mfg. say cover it up in 60 or 90 days. oh well... Looks like I'll need a second coat of tyvek. I'd wager yours will be just fine if you get it covered up this summer.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home