Saturday, June 09, 2007

Its been awhile since I've added anything. I've been too busy cutting my frame!

These pictures show the state of things around the last week in May, 2007. I've actually gotten much further since then.

The first thing I did when I got back from Grand Oaks was build me some nice framing ponies. I used Engelmann spruce, primarily because it is lightweight and yet relatively strong. The pegs are birch:



The first timbers I cut were the six principal posts. I cut all six from 7x7 Pondersosa pine. Man, that pine is nice to work with and turns out looking gorgeous.

Next, I cut the tie beams from 7x9 doug fir and tamarack. You can see one on the ponies being worked on.



















By the end of May, I had basically all of the principle posts and beams finished:



Oh, and by the way, here are my safety cheerleaders:














0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home